I feel something falling from the sky
I'm so sad I made the angels cry

Tears from the moon
Fall down like rain
I reach for you
I reach in vain
~Tears From the Moon, by Conjure One

user posted image

Little steps, one by one, kept him from coming undone. For many months Nightingale of the St. Laurence estate had little reason to ever leave his skyward nest, to walk in search of something far more important than he. Since the gala of his name day he felt on top of it all—looking back at once leaving them all behind, instead of looking out from the inside--captive. The property of his father’s own selfish desires, and the Prince of world he knew nothing about, Nightingale did well to keep to his own solitude. However, tonight he needed to be free from it all.

In his earlier years, he would slip from his window like a bird from it’s cage, and spend it walking just the same. Barefoot and in his night clothes there wasn’t anything to stop him, but now he treaded more carefully. He wore boots outfitted specially for his little feet, and was armed with more than just his childlike smile. Tonight, Gale carried blades that spun stories in blood and destruction far more than they spoke of peace, and now folding inside on his own misery they were more dangerous than before.

The echo of his wandering step his only companion, but the shadows taunted him to sing once more. Like that of the past, his blissful youth that had only recently evaded him would cause him to whisper a song to pass the time, and ease his fearful heart. However, tonight he was fearless.

The surface was a lie, everything he recognized of the world he had thought to be real was all fabricated so that way he would believe in something bigger than they all were. Such things as valleys filled with flowers, beaches that loved of the ocean, and forests as tall as Tot—were not real.

The night was cold, despite the warmer winds that moved over the city, but he hardly felt it. He had grown into his father’s coats, filled the shoulders, and sleeves like a man now—not so much a boy.

Mindless thoughts carried him to the fountain, the water there an appraisal of the evening, and always soothed away his discomforts. He could almost feel as if beneath the dark depths that there was something more, even if the only thing reflecting on it was the light from the moon—the black void always seemed like home.

“Hello again,” He spoke to the face there in the water, the distorted half smirk of the moon, and sat defeated on the fountain’s edge. The stone was cold through the fabric of his pants, but was easily forgotten as he dipped his pale slender fingers over the surface of the pool.

The ripples broke the reflection, and broke the moon into a hundred tiny laughing pieces.

Hello boy…

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Ailmsein
 Posted: Mar 2 2012, 08:45 PM
Quote Post

Male Pescid
Ripper Doc
Guildless
player: Ico
371 posts

The stars in the reflection Gale looks into pulse a deep blue momentarily, and then in the dark night twin star clusters appear showing a hazy blue. The starts move about in a uniform fashion, the galaxies... blink?

Ailmsein resembles a piece of the night sky itself, dressed in dark camouflaging shades of black and blue save for his incandescent mane and features. He looks about nervously, unaware that he was easily viewed from the fountain's telltale reflection under the jesting moon, with a bag of tools held in his hands drooping low to the pavement because of its weight alone. He had been exiting the home he had emerged from, the metallic tang of blood following him as well as the odor of the sea, and had been on his way trying to stay out of view--

"Hello, again."

The pescid had stopped in his steps, eyeing the young man facing the water's surface with both some curiosity and fear. Who in Tier was he speaking to? And... again? Ailmsein blinks again, noticing his reflection in the water that was in plain sight to the surge. His gills exhale in an audible hiss in his breathing apparatus as he panics momentarily scared that he'd been seen. The pescid grips his toolbox tightly and attempts to step past the man, causing the stars in the reflection to move at an alarmingly quick pace giving himself unwittingly away.

--------------------
My mood depends...
PM
^
Nightingale St. Laurence
 Posted: Mar 2 2012, 08:56 PM
Quote Post

Winter Prince

Male Surge
Student
Guildless
player: Lily
641 posts

For all purposes the night sky over the water made him feel as though he could never be alone, as even in the reflection they made their presence known. The twinkling stopped momentarily as the figure passed, but Gale didn't make one motion to leave the mirror in the water. Looking at his face, he felt a very somber dose of reality sink in as the lines around his eyes had grown deeper, and his beautiful youthful face frowned more than ever.

There was only one eye that could see him, this reflection of the night sky who breathed deeply as if he were afraid, and with the intake of the other man's breath he would exhale,

"Please don't leave on my account," He spoke with a sigh, turning his blind eye to the man, but even through the leather of his patch he could almost make out the shape of the man.

He needed to see Ailmsein's face, without the water tearing it apart.

"If you are tired come rest," With that the moonlit Prince of fortune stood to allow this stranger a place to seat himself.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Ailmsein
 Posted: Mar 2 2012, 10:50 PM
Quote Post

Male Pescid
Ripper Doc
Guildless
371 posts

There's hesitation from the literal celestial body and another nervous gulp of air-- water-- at being spoken directly to. Ailms inwardly panics, hating above all else to be singled out by a stranger but by the same token he didn't want to take off and appear as though he didn't belong. Plus the sound and sight of the fountain caused for his dried-out scales to groan and creak in thirst...

"I ah," the older male stammers, staying rooted to the spot just a moment more before giving in and cautiously approaches the boy who had spoke-- was it a boy, or a man? His white hair gave the youth the visage of someone with far more years' of experience, as did the way he carried himself even by just standing up. Gripping his tool box tightly, he slinks over to the fountain and takes a comfortable distance away from the young man, though regarding him with his nervous star-adorned eyes.

It was if the night itself had sent a piece of itself down to meet the youth, though the ex-servant's perspective was hardly as romantic. Ailmsein was beating himself up mentally for giving in to a stranger's peer pressure, for being so quick to obey what is asked of him. For a freed man, he doesn't seem to make a lot of decisions for himself...

"Thank you," he eventually manages out. Unsure of how he would be able to slink off, he sets the rather bulky tool case down beside him as he sits to, curiously enough, have his feet in the water. The Pescid looks around to make sure that they two were alone and focuses on enjoying the comfort of the water. His scaled hands, webbed with a noticeable tear down the membrane between two fingers that looked like a bat's wing punched through with a sharp unforgiving stone, leave the kit to delve down into the water and rest at his feet. The movements aren't quick and only gently jostle the image of the moon before the ripples edit themselves to accommodate his presence.

Resting his hands at his feet, and his feet in the water, he gives a small happy sigh of relief at this simple and idle pleasure. The glowing pescid's attention is focused on the water, but out of the corner of his eye he knows full well that the youth is still there, watching his behavior. Ailms' odor of somewhat stale gore and ocean salt hits the young man's nostrils, the former being so used to the smell he himself is unbothered. His breathing sounds like the waxing and waning of a muffled tide from inside the apparatus, creating a calming sound as he tries to think of what exactly to say. All that really comes to mind is a poor attempt to initiate conversation followed by a nervous smile.

"Ah... it's certainly a busy night, isn't it?"

--------------------
My mood depends...
PM
^
Nightingale St. Laurence
 Posted: Mar 3 2012, 03:53 PM
Quote Post

Winter Prince

Male Surge
Student
Guildless
641 posts

Gale wanted to ease the man's worries, to let him know that he had little to be concerned with. He was in good company with this particular St. Laurence, but the white haired youth was reluctant to even speak. Instead he let his eyes trail back down to the water, and thought of perhaps joining the Pecid with his feet in the pool. However, the voice of his keeper quickly came to mind with warnings of death, and illness so grand he would lose his toes.

Gale kept them safe inside his boots.

"It is," He answered in a low sweet voice, the sort of sound that made him appear as if he were one of bells in the bell-towers not far from town. The chiming kind words continued when he finally looked back at the man, and the tear in his webbing.

"Are you hurt, Monsieur?" He asked with concern filling his one good eye, and a golden warm light reflecting of the worry.

Nightingale stood to close the distance between them, coming to stand just next to his shoulder before seating himself with his back to the water beside the older man.

"You have a cut," He pointed to the man's webbing once more--fascination drawn over his youthful face, and a blush quick to flush it, "Forgive me, if that is normal. I...well..I've never been the presence of someone like you." He held his breath and thought of running, but clasped his hands together as if to keep himself rooted on the stone.

"May I ask your name?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Ailmsein
 Posted: Mar 3 2012, 04:16 PM
Quote Post

Male Pescid
Ripper Doc
Guildless
371 posts

The pescid worries some when he hears the young man point out his injury, rubbing at it with his good thumb as if he thought that it was simply a blemish that went away after a good cleaning. The boy sitting beside him was startling, but he manages to keep from panicking when he hears of his curiosity. Indulging in it, he brings his scaled hands out of the water and answers with a weary tone,

"Oh... oh yes. It's nothing, it'll fix itself," he answers nervously, stealing a glance at the other from the water's reflection before looking down at his hands once more. "My hand was grabbed by someone who meant well, and they-- like you," he attempts to connect the young man to the discussion, hoping that it comes across as friendly rather than accusatory, "hadn't exactly seen my kind before. Humans have gaps between their fingers and I... well. I don't."

The older man turns his scaley head to get a better look at the young man and flashes a gentle reassuring smile. He preferred people being curious about him as opposed to spitting out vulgar and slurs... he'd even comically enough been accused of witchcraft!

Something about Gale reminded him of the behavior a young Master may have. Oddly enough, instead of it repelling him away, it comforted him. It reminded him of how things "should" be. "Of course. My name is Ailmsein," he tells his name a bit slower, not to insult the child but to just make it easier for him to say and less likely to say "Almeswoonieneen", or something equally absurd.

"I'm a doctor." A lie, such a lie, he himself knew it to be so... but it made him glow-- not literally, that was hardly of his control-- to try the phrase out. Did he fix people? Yes, yes he did. He wasn't a doctor, but he was certainly help.

Ailmsein takes another few seconds to soak his feet and hands in the water before shaking it off of his webbed hands, turning a bit more diagonally so that he could have a better look at the young man. "It's alright if you say no, but... can I know your name as well? It's always nice to find someone friendly at this late hour." He chuckles, putting a hand to his surgical tool bag to make sure it wasn't snagged by a very small hertasi or something. "I'm sure you're aware from your hesitation... but it's not exactly a common thing to come across."

--------------------
My mood depends...
PM
^
Nightingale St. Laurence
 Posted: Mar 4 2012, 03:36 AM
Quote Post

Winter Prince

Male Surge
Student
Guildless
641 posts

The cloudless sky above them seemed as vacant as a church on a Sunday afternoon, but with the laughing moon in the water all Gale could think of was how he thought he belonged. The surface had always been a mystery to him, and even now having walked one foot before the other over the ground beneath the city he still felt as if it had all been a lie. However, listening now to Ailmsein speak he wondered if her perhaps the truth was pure, and the world he dreamed of existed in the space between them.

“Hmmm,” He made a little sound that came from his throat as he pondered through what the man was saying, and when the wind pushed a pale strand of his moon colored hair over his cheeks he looked up again with his mirror like eye.

“No one should take a hand that is not offered first,” He said quietly and extended his pale little hand palm up to the other man, “May I? Have a look at it?” He wore the clothes of a student, but wasn’t studying any sort of medicine. Yet, knew well how to heal something that was broken much more than just on the outside.

“Ailmsein, is a wonderful name.” If the man would allow his hand to fall inside his own, he wouldn’t touch too much with his cold fingers, but would brush lightly over the scales in amazement. “You are beautiful.” With wonderment he commented, and when the wind pulled once more, harder this time, he closed his eyes to let it brush through his hair to unsettle the feathers he wore in the strands behind his ear, “And you smell like the sea.” He said with a grin, and opened his eyes again—but only one was to ever be seen.

“My name is Nightingale, Monsieur but they call me Gale.” He said with a smile, the sort that warmed his entire face, “You may as well, if it would please you.” The hand he held, he would release if it had been placed there, and he too would dip his hand beneath the water.

“So, do you travel this way a lot then?” Smalltalk, wasn’t one of his many talents, but at least his tact had gotten better. He held back the thousand questions that beat against his chest begging to be answered about his new friend, and worried his lip to keep silent.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Ailmsein
 Posted: Mar 6 2012, 05:17 AM
Quote Post

Male Pescid
Ripper Doc
Guildless
371 posts

Ailmsein blinks, looking confused at the request. "May you...?" He glances down at his hand, then the others'. His eyes widen in recognition as he lets out a quiet epiphany. "Oh--! Uh, of course... Gale." The pescid lifts up his injured hand and lets Gale take it, giving the young man a kind smile as he examines his scales and fins like a child with their first toy. He allows for a short silence to pass, letting the man turn his hand around to get a better look at it and its unfamiliarity before finally speaking,

"Gale... it's a fitting name for you," he attempts to make his own brand of small talk. "A gentle breeze. You look like a gentle human." He smiles genuinely when the human calls him 'beautiful', taking it as more of an observation than a come-on. He sighs with some pleasure when his hand is brought back to the water, noticing that the boy himself did as well. "Things that are so different are always so nice, aren't they, he murmurs quietly in response, happy with this company for now.

The scales at his jawline pulse with a happy and pleased green, Ailmsein not bothering to hide it seeing as he doubted that a human who had only just now seen a pescid would realize that his mood can be told by just the lights he gives off. Not just now, anyway. He hums at Gale's question, mulling over potential responses before finally responding. The gills exposed above his breathing apparatus give off a small huff of air as he tries to put words together, something of substance to offer.

"Yes and no," Ailms finally admits. He looks down at his own scales and watches as he slowly moves his hands about the water, they twinkle and shine like the blazing stars above. That image alone soothed him. "I stay inside until night comes, then I walk around and shop until sunrise." He closes his glowing eyes and breathes in deeply, trying to take in the smell that Gale had reported, but no luck. "I'm glad you like the smell of the sea. It's my favorite smell. It reminds me of a place a long, long time ago when I was a child."

--------------------
My mood depends...
PM
^
Nightingale St. Laurence
 Posted: Mar 8 2012, 02:31 PM
Quote Post

Winter Prince

Male Surge
Student
Guildless
641 posts

"Does it hurt?" Gale asked running his hand back over the man's hand once more before releasing it, and would turn a bright smile to the pecid who was changing colors. Oh he was something amazing wasn't he?

Gale started to undo his shoes, the cool air wasn't warm enough for such things as dipping his feet, but he didn't care. He wanted in the water too. Rolling his pants up over his pale milky skin was one thing, but when his perfectly manicured toes tipped the water he laughed at how cold it was until he adjusted.

"They named me Nightingale because instead of crying I sang. My father who is a Professor at the University would host parties when I was a child and put me before the entire crowd to sing before I was sent to bed." He loved recalling this memory, "I always envisioned the ocean. In the pictures in my books I feel very close to it and sometimes out the window of another professor's window I can smell it."

Poor Ailms, once Gale got going it was hard to get him to stop talking. He liked to talk, and when the cold water became too much he curled his bare feet beneath him.

"I got to go to the surface once. It was....wasn't what I expected, but I still can't wait to go back. I'm going to study it and the ocean I think." Looking between the Pecid's eyes he searched for any sign of the truth, "Is that what you do Doctor? Do you study the ocean too?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Ailmsein
 Posted: Mar 14 2012, 02:42 PM
Quote Post

Male Pescid
Ripper Doc
Guildless
371 posts

Ailms flexes his fingers experimentally in Gale's grasp. "Thankfully, I think it's all numbed over now. It'll grow back." He says this mainly to reassure himself, as he has never really punched a hole in his fin before. It didn't quite look promising in terms of healing, but worrying over it would just make matters worse tenfold and concern company.

The Pescid smiles at Gale when he watches the other stick his feet in. "There's nothing quite like the feel of it," he comments with a small laugh in response. The fountain's water that causes his pant legs and shoes to become pleasantly soggy was better than any fine meal or good company he could ever hope for.

It visibly catches Ailmsein off guard when the young man starts to iterate of some of his past, his youngest years no doubt. Those weren't tales one heard of usually-- usually a man would boast of his adult life and growl and glare at those who mention any former. His eyes twinkle as his smile widens at this, understanding that this was a rather precious memory of Gale's.

At the mentioning of the Surface, he is a big caught off guard. Goodness, this boy was just the avid topic jumper! He draws his finned hands out from the water, blue scales breaking through the clear surface like a gentle serpent's slither, and rests them on either side of himself as he tries to answer nervously, seeing that Gale was looking for the hint of a lie which only worsens his nerves. "Ah, well. I haven't been in the ocean in a long, long, time. I was uh... Well... I just um...Just one day had to move." His eyes glance briefly to the right. "But uh, I'm afraid I'm not a studying doctor. I just... Well... I just help people get by." He's a bit embarrassed that Gale thought so highly of him; him-- a researcher! An amusing thought if his nerves hadn't been so fried.

--------------------
My mood depends...
PM
^
Nightingale St. Laurence
 Posted: Mar 29 2012, 02:47 PM
Quote Post

Winter Prince

Male Surge
Student
Guildless
641 posts

Gale moved his feet beneath the water, smiling as he did. He wanted to laugh as the motion in the pool tickled his bare toes, and would finally let the musical sound of a giggle pass his pale pink lips when something brushed up beneath his heel.

"No there isn't. My father's estate has a warm pool. I always felt very close to it. Like a looking glass...I feel rather drawn to that as well. My nanny always called me vain, but I didn't like to look at me in it. I just thought for sure there was another world behind it." All close signs of a child born of the ocean, but Gale didn't know that. However, it would explain his coloring, his siren like voice, and the calm gentle nature he was blessed with.

When the pecid continued on his story Gale listened intently, picking up little bits of memories here and there, and jumping slightly as a vision of blood passed his good eye. But the Toumind was quick to push that away and leaned in to ask,

"Why did you have to move so fast? Why not return there. I have heard of life beneath the water. Read about it. It's one of the few untouched places unlike the surface. Everything is still as it once was down there." He leaned in a little further to brush a bit of what he thought was Ailms' hair from his eye, and smiled when he could better see the other man's eyes.

"You...are beautiful. Do you get told that often?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Ailmsein
 Posted: Mar 30 2012, 01:12 AM
Quote Post

Male Pescid
Ripper Doc
Guildless
371 posts

Ailmsein gave a nervous chuckle at that, his eyes narrowed in some discomfort as he was reminded of his old masters.

The men who took him from the sea as a child.

The man who beat the free will out of him.

The young lady who nearly killed him with her neglect.

The thief who kept him as a fish in a glass bowl.

The elderly woman who grew tired of him.

"Ah..." He winced, trying to think of a reason. "Things just... came up. I'd certainly love to go back, but if I went, I'm not sure I'd be well-accepted. A pescid among humans isn't quite--" Ailmsein paused when Gale parted his tendrils. When the younger man brushed it aside, a small prickling sensation came across the boy's hand. Nothing serious, nothing painful, but it felt like it was bundled with a small concentration of static as the near-invisible barbs brushed across his skin.

The pescid was surprised at first to hear Gale's question, but it brought a gentle smile to his face. "No, I don't believe I've heard that before, Gale." His eyes twinkle and he parted some water from the fountain to ripple in the man's direction to hopefully earn another laugh. Ailms reached a webbed hand out to the others', about to say something else...

... When a brightness caught his eye with his peripheral vision. The pescid turned his head to look at the rising sun. His expression sobered and he let out a disappointed sigh. "Ah, morning. I'll need to be back home before then... " Ailmsein frowned, knitting his brows. "Do you live nearby? I can escort you back... then I'm afraid I have to go. I... can't see in the sunlight," he gestured with his webbed hand to his glowing blue eyes.

--------------------
My mood depends...
PM
^
Nightingale St. Laurence
 Posted: Mar 30 2012, 01:51 PM
Quote Post

Winter Prince

Male Surge
Student
Guildless
641 posts

'No, I don't believe I've heard that before, Gale.

The confession surprised him, and he wanted to question this man. Yet, kept his tongue quiet while the shock if it all set in, "If I were an artist," He started pulling his bare feet from pool with a small laugh as the ripple tickled him again, "I'd paint you. Write stories of you, if I were a better writer. But instead...I suppose I'll just dream." With that he put his feet back on the ground, turning his back on Ailms a moment to lace back up his shoes, "I'm a bit of a dreamer. Too much sometimes I suppose." Gale stood, and looked to the sky in disappointment. He hadn't wanted the night to end so soon, tomorrow meant another failure, and another reason to try and make his father less angry.

"We are closer to your home I would suspect than mine." He pointed to the distant towering estate, that spiraled up into the night like fortress. Without any of the lights on it appeared more eerie than ever, and even at this great distance it was hard to imagine walking the entire way.

"Perhaps you will let me be a gentleman, and escort you home?" With that Gale turned a look over his shoulder at the pecid, and the wind brought his pale strands over his brow.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Ailmsein
 Posted: Apr 1 2012, 02:59 PM
Quote Post

Male Pescid
Ripper Doc
Guildless
371 posts

Ailms went to get up and shook his soggy shoes out, enjoying the feeling. Ah, yes, he never really did take them off in his haste to get them wet. It wasn't of any consequence, if anything it made the experience better seeing as his feet were still "submerged" even when he would begin his walk home.

"That's a kind offer, Gale." His eyes twinkled and he politely craned his neck so he could at least see the building that Gale was pointing to. It looked familiar somehow. Familiar in a bad way. The pescid tried to rack his mind to see what in his memories offered this information as he spoke, a bit nervous that his instincts were kicking in at this house. "Well uh... I mean. Yes. I'm certain it wouldn't be too long of a walk and I'd greatly appreciate--"

St. Lawrence. He froze and swallowed thickly, it finally dawning on him. He nervously itched at the brand on the back of his neck that was positively searing right now in his mind.

He recalled his mistress telling him about those people. Or rather, about the house's head. He even remembered her inviting him over to discuss matters in the library, him having to serve food and drink to them.

Ailmsein also remembered being beaten by his mistress quite harshly in a short distance from the man for taking one of the library's books with him to bring to his room, a usual thing for him that he'd forgotten not to do in front of guests.

"Where do you think you were going with this, Trout," the aged surgeon rasped, raising the book he had been reading for another blow to the side of the head. "Stealing it!? This thing always steals. Thinks it's a doctor just because I own it!"

The pescid trembled at the memory, an overwhelming fear of that place and its people having been deep-rooted there for all of eternity. That man knew what he was, if only just what he isn't. That man knew he was not a doctor, he was not freed property as much as a stray, and he also knew that Ailms was not to be respected. Someone like that could report him to the authorities in an instant for illegal practices...

"Ah, I, uh... y-you live there? Really? Uh..." His jawline turned a sickly yellow, looking a mixture between sickened to his stomach for the hole he'd dug himself into as well as the fact that his Mistress-- wherever she may have gone-- had made it explicitly clear that he wasn't to consider these people equals for as long as she was on Tier. This boy was kind, courteous, and gentle... but Ailms was frightened that if he was mentioned to the master of the house, he'd never see the light of day again.

"Th-- um. Uh. M-maybe another time. I'm u-uh. sure that... that Master Jean-Luc is--" His eyes narrowed when he realized that he just now gave the man's name. He looked as though he spoke of the bogeyman with the way he cringed and fretted.

--------------------
My mood depends...
PM
^
Nightingale St. Laurence
 Posted: Apr 8 2012, 09:02 PM
Quote Post

Winter Prince

Male Surge
Student
Guildless
641 posts

The air turned bitterly cold, as if the warmth had been stolen just with the way Gale’s mood soured. He narrowed his mirror like eye on the man upon the mention of his father, and quickly his spine straightened. There wasn’t much that could be said for the way Gale felt, or truly why it was he hated to feel so. However, when someone was quick to cast their stone because of who he was, or who he belonged to there wasn’t much that could remedy the issue.

“My Master wouldn’t mind. He would scold me for not escorting you, and if it is his wrath you fear than you are a fool because I’d drop him like a pile of broken bones long before he could reach you.” With that Gale pulled back on his coat, the fabric rolling up his arm and closing around him once again. His bare feet also going back inside his boots, and without warning he stalked away.

“But I’ll spare you the fear.” With that he was gone, and returning to the iron city to which he called home. Thoughts of the Pecid’s fear imprinted on his memory of the other man, but he wasn’t ready for any other surprises. He didn’t want any one else’s secrets right now, and with a look over his shoulder at the doctor he vowed to make it a point in the near future to find out.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^

Topic Options REPLY  TOPIC

Skin based on Floral Lullabies by June of Innovation Designs. | Email Admin | Legal

RPG-D Shadowplay Topsites Caution 2.0 redcarpet&&rebellion. NEVERLAND Total Drama Website - Directory of the Best Role-Play Sites
Roleplay Gateway

Full page: cbox.clockworkrpg.com