Posted: Apr 10 2012, 01:18 AM
Quote Post

Glorified Hobo Joker

Male Surge
Ringleader, Postmodern Anarchist
Carnival of Amgine
player: AyeeDee
442 posts

(( Continued from The Color of Change ))

Act 3 Footsteps

No light, no vision. The world left her in darkness, a vaguely familiar darkness that world had harshly abandoned her in before. A shackled and caged property rather than a prisoner. Unlike before however there was no comforting feeling of water, was no covering of a caged tank to trick the sights to believe she was blind, this time reality was much more clear in the fact that it was not clear at all. No tricks, just confusion. This time there would be no comfort as slight as it may have been before, no safety of the tank in its pseudo glassy protection…

It was just pain now. Agonizing unrelenting pain.

It was felt particularly hard on her throat. It was like a sharp steel bladed grip grasped onto her in a rather pitiful attempt to choke and decided that letting go was NOT an option. She was not really being choked as much as she might feel like she was. She could clearly talk freely, as if she was meant to talk freely by design, that or scream. As choke less as she may be it did not remove the fact that it felt as if she was protruded with thick blades or rods into her skin that seemed to have many tiny hooks within.

This was sadly not the only skin protrusion she would feel but only the most significant. This protruding effect would be felt throughout her whole body. As if all her limbs and tentacles were all strung up like a puppet by sharp metal wires that sunk deep into flesh… She could not feel the ground, and every time she would try to fidget it would feel as if it dug deeper and deeper into her soft flesh. Whether it actually was or not would be unclear.

“ That will do…. Commander… Aryn is it?”

“ She is a murderer. She must be brought to trial and hanged like that…..scarecrow.”

“Trial. Yes. Hanged? Not this one. Not yet anyway. The public will be sedated with this… Scarecrow you call it? Such a crude ..reference. Yes well, they will be satisfied with his death yes?”

“ The man has not a name Professor and besides. I am not going to humanize a guard murderer, filth does not deserve that. If this woman is involved she can not exempt herself from justice. Public word or otherwise.”

“ You overstep your boundaries Commander. Their ….guilt yes? Guilt has not been proven so they are…what would you call it Commander?”

“ Don’t patronize me..”

“ Innocent…That will be all Commander.”

“ What are you doing to her?”

“ THAT will be all.”

Footsteps and then loud slam like a door. It sounded like a conversation between only two voices. One was a masculine deep and steady voice whom was the one who seemed to be referred too as only the professor, with no actual name connected. His emotions oddly flat, not picked up even in the slightest, such a feat that not even the Nothing Man came close too. The other who was referred to with not only a title but a name in Commander Aryn. This voice was clearly feminine with a strong, dignified if not entitled voice. She seemed less then pleased at the situation and her voice and emotion portrayed this rather nicely. However they were not to last as they vanished along with the footsteps and the slamming of the door.

Gone.

With the woman gone and the professor who seemed to have no emotion what so ever, it was unclear whether they both left or not. This lead back to her previous state of complete and utter blindness and that pain…. That is until she heard footsteps once more but this time the footsteps where much ….lighter then the others.

“ Its time to wake up my friend.” That deep voice was close, possibly reachable even if it was not actually possible that she could move without serious injury and intense pain. That voice oddly seemed to be the exact moment when her vision came into view to show just how the rather creepy voice matched the sight… What an eerie sight it was.

The light was dim and hard to see, which also did not help as her eyes would still be adjusting to simple sight. What light could be seen was hanging overhead in a lantern that continually emitted an electronic hymn that constantly bombarded the room with its white noise. The light revealed simplicity in its truest form It looked like any office if it were an office stripped bare with all but a chair and desk littered with various unknown trinkets and papers. This simplicity was only increased by the sameyness of how the walls, ceiling and floor were all the same color and material, which would help clear the illusion that this room was nothing more then a tight small claustrophobic box. The colors were a very dark grey almost black steel and this did help the rooms lighting nor ambience one bit.. The simplicity would lead to the only complex object in the most immediate area of her point of view….Or person, if one could call him such.

It was a man, not a tall or very opposing figure that looked to be wearing a rather well worn latched white lab coat and black heavy boots. His head was round, but had a long black chin beard that did not do well to keep that rounded shape and up to that point all was normal…save for the top half of his head starting with his long crooked nose. It was not flesh like the rest but metallic, in fact the whole top half of his head was this lead to end with a shiny hairless bronze dome at the tip. The most creepy feature however would be leering glowing eyes like flashlights that gazed into the soul.

“ Wake up. Its time to wake up and make….progress.”

--------------------
I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me
Guaranteed
PMEmail Poster
^
Adelphie Chi
 Posted: Apr 10 2012, 02:06 PM
Quote Post

Female Surged Toumind
Priestess/ Ringmaster's Apprentice
Carnival of Amgine
player: Silkspinner
164 posts

Something was holding her gills shut. Holding her gills…shut. Their inclination was to strain, push outward…but resulting, stabbing agony caused the unconsciously desperate twitches to flinch back time and again. Something was stabbing delicate membranes inside the right one, tearing every time it moved. Though they wouldn’t have done her any good in the air, anyway, them being literally pinned shut did more than the bar itself make her feel strangled, pushing the surge towards dazed panic. She couldn’t even cringe properly, head held more rigidly aloft than any runway model’s.

Octopus arms tried to curl. She was sure, for a terrible moment, that the attempt had sliced pieces off. Tightened an arm, to similar end. Tried to flex her core. It couldn’t even move, and things were stabbing into it, pulling there, too.

The Kraken tried…tried to just be very, very still. Tried to ease back the terrified wheezing and just…listened, in her blind, bleary state, to the conversation between the man and the woman.

“She must be brought to trial and hanged like that…..scarecrow.”
Scarecrow…? Hanging…? Wait…

The masked man. They were talking about killing him.

Oura couldn’t quite…couldn’t quite open her eyes somehow. Couldn’t move, outside of those vague shifts. And she couldn’t do anything to stymie the tears running down an immobilized face. He was going to die. She was going to die. In…in a terrible, painful place, she was going to die. Oh, she hoped he wasn’t suffering this way. That this was because of what she was…Kraken, and property.

It wasn’t until after that woman left that light began to return. At a command, practically…the surge had spent enough time in and out of anesthesia in her life to wonder if the change was chemical. Either way...the figure her foggy eyes slowly closed in on…he terrified her. Not so much due to appearance, but because he was…dead. Shut down inside.

“ Wake up. Its time to wake up and make….progress.”

It was time to experiment on her…or to figure out how she already worked. It gave her pause…but the gradual response never moved far beyond sad resignation, a quivering lip. Never, until she remembered the other important thing. The other important thing, that she had last seen kneeling on the ground until a dozen armor-clad legs stole it from her vision.

“Wh…”

She could barely speak. Throat was too dry…she gasped softly, swallowed hard. “Please…the…’Nothing Man.’ Where is he?”
PMEmail Poster
^
The Nothing Man
 Posted: Apr 10 2012, 08:46 PM
Quote Post

Glorified Hobo Joker

Male Surge
Carnival of Amgine
442 posts

It did not take much movement on her behalf at all for her skin and flesh to start to feel moist pitter down her body. Like water dripping from the ceiling, warm merciful water. Water that made no noise on its decent, only when she heard the drip, drip, dripping of the liquid from her skin to the hard metal floor forming which had to be forming puddle underneath her elevated form.

If she dared to look at risk of her own pain, she may have to squint in the dimly lit room, but it would be possible to realize that it was not water, nor did it originate from the ceiling but blood dripping off her from what could ONLY be her own body. Not in a mass amount to cause fear of bleed out but enough to possibly cause a certain level of panic that only seeing your own blood before you often inflicted on people.

It seemed another side effect from the torture device that one at this point could possibly assume it was rather morbidly intended. Much like every inch of this room was to cause, amplify or assist in the act of causing panic, great fear and the draining of any hope that he or she may or may not wish to glimmer and grasp upon. From the closed in walls, to even the doctors flashlight eyes. Nothing settled easily and everything made you squint in the dim hymning light, made you want to squint even if you knew that whatever was coming could only be bad. It was enough to easily become madness inducing.

Ones only hope to escape was a mindful and hopeful thought of a death. While the device may seem like it was killing you rather slowly in its brutal, crude and agony inducing torment, it could JUST no kill. No one died unless the Professor allowed it, no one dared escape even consciousness unless the Professor gave the nod. The professor knew all to well that his “toy” was built to bring to the edge but never break or shatter….

Physically anyway.

There was no hope, no salvation. Just pain. Just those two gazing lights….Just footsteps.

“Please…the… Nothing Man. Where is he?”

Her voice did not carry nor bounce which was quite unusual for a room of this design. The Doctor did not move nor react as if he did not hear her at all even though he was sooo close…. Just an agonizingly painful grasp away.

It was a charade of course, intended or not as it may be. Her words did process in the steel dome of the Professor. He simply did not choose to react visually to such words, no. Seem. Instead he turned to her side, bent over and picked up something from the floor. It looked like a crude metal box when he lifted it in one hand and resumed his position before her. It was a box attached by many even cruder looking wires. Where they connected was not in her point of view as they lead towards her rather then a visible away.

The steel box much like the room itself was not complex, but very minimalist and simple. It only contained a single red dial on top, a dial which the professors hand now rested on.

“ Nothing…Man? That is a….how do you say? Puzzle.. Maybe a problem or Riddle? Yes. Riddle. How can something also be nothing? It is a contradiction, an oxymoron and I am not amused friend. I hope my armored friends did mentally break you before I.” He cleared his throat as his eyes continued to gaze at her up and down, inspecting every inch in curious glee.

“ I am not a fan of riddles and you will answer NEVER question. Understood, yes?” The dial twisted and for a mere moment if felt like everything under her skin was on fire. Pure fire… Fire that did not relent until the dial clicked back and reset, the fire and burning gone and did not linger. This dial seemed to have many setting and that seemed to only be the first.

“ Now id rather not…. Hrmm.. Root? Yes. Root into your head for these answers. Victims, if they survive my ahem. Rewiring. They do not act like themselves… I want to avoid such.. Whats the word you urchins’ use? Barbarism? Now. I am going to be civil and YOU are going to be civil or this is going to last…a.. very…very…long time. My name is Professor Tomas Morrow. I am the Magistrates….problem solver…Now for a series of simple question and….I expect them all to be answered thoroughly, I do hate sloppy answers. What is your name, who are you, where do you come from and why are you HERE?”

--------------------
Guaranteed
PMEmail Poster
^
Adelphie Chi
 Posted: Apr 10 2012, 10:58 PM
Quote Post

Female Surged Toumind
Carnival of Amgine
164 posts

The startled, agonized screech was neither subtle nor stoically muffled. The priestess looked…shocked. Simply and flatly shocked. She’d endured plenty of pain in her life during the surging process…but the government made that as painless as practical. Once the Professor click the machine off several seconds later, she just gasped…wheezing, and crying, and trying to mentally reconcile the fact that that sort of pain existed.

Oura was genuinely, deeply confused. She hadn’t figured it out yet, really, that this was torture in its truest, simplest form. With virtually no secrets, the very concept failed to occur to her. She was shaking. That was agonizing in its own right, prompting rivulets of blood to trickle from nearly every spine of the awful device.

“N…n-name is Adelphie Chi Gamma. Am…ch…ch…” she trailed off, looking a bit panicked as her eyes searched down, as though the answer would be there. Widened at the blood she saw for the first time, to a visible shudder, and then shut tightly. The shudder only brought more pain, of course.

The word…what was the word? She’d only learned it today from one of her books. Had been looking forward to sharing it with her masked companion, at that. How much it had changed, in just a few hours. For a moment, the pang of sorrow outweighed the pain.

Wait. “Cho…cha…chaplain!” She looked up, breathing out, relieved. “Am chaplain. Mili…mil…Ar-my priest. From city Athenis. O…ocean city, Athenis. Here…” she trailed off again. Why was she here? That was a big question, and her shallow, wheezing breath quickened. What did he want? She closed her eyes. Murmured a prayer beneath her breath. Stop panicking. He said ‘thorough.’ Try that.

The Kraken looked slightly steadier when she opened them again. “Army group on ship. Leave ocean: buyeen, selleen from Sky. Flyeen to New Guinesburg, for buyeen and selleen. But, attack. Not…not knoween your word for the people.” She cringed, rather petrified he’d hit that button for that. “Bad…bad men. Meh who attackeen ship for money, supplies. They…did it good. All dyeen, all crew, but me, others, alive. To sell. Calleen us property. All…all dead before sold, except one, and me. Sold me. And…sold, and sold, and sold.” She started to gesture with a tentacle. Winced whimpering, at the reaction.

“…Long time. Two...three cities, not knoween. And, in long time sold to Dr. Vari.” Pause. She didn’t have much color to start, but the rest of it went away in the moment of silence. Yep. The good doctor still scared her a lot more than this guy. “Watch…watcheen him killeen others, killeen horribly. Goeen to kill me. But…but, met…” she trailed off, not knowing what to say but petrified of using the phrase ‘Nothing Man’ again. “…O-other ‘surge,’ in mask. He saveen me. T-takeen me away. Live in tent. Teacheen me better speakeen, reading. Ga…guard came. S-sayeen I was ‘stolen property.’ Violent. Hurting masked man and…” what was her name? “…Oct-aavia. Try takeen me. I l…let him, sayeen not hurteen others. Masked man already hurt, and wanten to protect me. Sh…” she hesitated. “…Shoot him.”

Guilt tugged at her…but while his explanation was likely swathed in double meanings and riddles and poetry, it wasn’t like the Nothing Man to hide his actions. It had briefly occurred to her to be evasive, but…she doubted he had denied it. Bit her lip, closing her eyes a moment. That didn’t take away the sense of betraying him. Again.

“…He go outside and kneel. I do, too, and…needle in back and…” Pause. “…And am here.” Cringed, which hurt intensely.
PMEmail Poster
^
The Nothing Man
 Posted: Apr 11 2012, 12:29 AM
Quote Post

Glorified Hobo Joker

Male Surge
Carnival of Amgine
442 posts

The man who now introduced himself as Morrow patiently and idly rapt his fingers gently on top of that large red dial. The red a gleaming brutal reminded that was to stark of a contrast to the rest of the darkrooms colors to ignore. It was as if it was his intent to needlessly remind her that a WRONG series of words would equal to a less then kind result on her end. It was no more apparent or appropriate than with the color of ..red.

With no emotion in his voice, none in his face and absolutely vacant within, it was much harder to gauge him, if nor impossibly so then it was comparably to the Nameless masked man. Was he not human? Did that metal that ran the top of his head run deeper under skin and flesh? An imitation with a rather inhuman tolerance for torture and cruelty? Or was he trained, in control that even without the assistance of a mask that even the Nothing Man would be jealous of such ability. Nothing would leak through, no weakness, no give and no hint of compassion or promise of end which Dr. Vari had for her and his victims in spades. There was no greater cause in his eye as they watched her cry and struggle. Nothing but the void itself.

Her words would flow nervously at first. The more she paused the longer his tapping hand rested on that dial, was even going as far as to make a twitching motion over it, releasing the slightest bit of heat through her body but not anywhere near such extremes as before… That was until she changed her tune, swallowed her fear and continued with much less pause and nervousness. This gave the closest sign to a satisfactory feeling that perhaps Professor Morrow was capable of.

By satisfactory, it related to simply releasing the cruel and crude control panel of pain and gently placing it mercifully on the cold hard ground before her. At that note he turned and walked to that desk picking up three objects in his rubber gloved hands. A pad of paper, a quill and a glass of liquid that looked and very well may be water, all of which he brought back over yet only kept holding the quill and the paper while putting the glass of transparent colorless liquid on the ground next to the control panel. This was done however not before making damn sure well she saw the glass as it lowered to the ground.

He intended there to be no mistake that this was perhaps salvation in the smallest of forms. Placed next to the dial of pain it was almost what the Nothing man would call symbolic. It however was unlikely that the professor intended it to be so.

“ Adelphie Chi Gamma? That is your name. Yes? I do not recall that name being mentioned by the masked man, but I would not put anything BY that man what so ever.” He paused as if considering if her words were truth or not, looking up at her long and hard before taking the quill and jotting something down on the papered pad. Whether this was a sign of being satisfied or not was needless to say un shown by the emotionally null professor.

“Well …Adelphie I have to admit. I am… hrmm.. Pleased? Would that be the word I am looking for?” He tapped the feathered side of the quill on his chin as if considering his words very carefully.

“ Yes. I believe this is the word I am looking for... Pleased. You satisfied the questions I have asked. Although it was a little…. Slow? Yes. Slow for my….tastes. No matter, the ends justify the means and my questions have been answered and….more.”

He glanced up from his pad real quick with those flashlights, to judge her expression and then back down and continued to scribble. “ Oh yes. Much, much more. It is why I am….pleased? We did agree on this word yes? Pleased. Do you know why I am a please Adelphie?” He did not bother to look up, did not bother to wait for her answer but he did lower the pad and quill ,replacing it with the glass of clear liquid in his hands.

“ I ..was going to ask a question you already answered. I…..did not calculate you would answer, maybe lie but nothing…..accurate? Yes. Accurate. I thought I had to….bleed… Bleed the answer out of you. I believe you when you admit that it was the masked man who shot the guardsman dead and that you….Property they call you? Slavery…How…barbaric. None the less property and are….exempt from the…murder. You are invaluable to having this man hanged and if you continue to answer my questions the way you do, you will live a long….useful? Useful life.”

He concluded his speech and raised the glass of water before his glowing eyes. His light illuminated the water clearly for the Aquatic surge to see, and then raised the hand holding the glass up to her lips.

“ Professor Morrow.. Is kind as he is cruel. For those who help will get rewarded. Go ahead…. Drink it.”

--------------------
Guaranteed
PMEmail Poster
^
Adelphie Chi
 Posted: Apr 11 2012, 01:53 AM
Quote Post

Female Surged Toumind
Carnival of Amgine
164 posts

The young priestess's eyes widened slowly as the professor spoke, brow furrowing bit by bit. Invaluable to having the masked man...hanged? Saving herself by doing this? Having a "long life" through cooperation?

The aquatic creature wanted that glass of water...like she had never wanted anything in her life. And she hadn't forgotten about the button. At no moment did that horrible button leave the edge of her thoughts, and it would be a tremendous exaggeration to call the fear in her eyes "gone."

But it sure as hell repressed. When the professor pressed the glass to her lips, her face jerked away from it...which, in truth, was both ineffective and excruciating. It ended in more blood and a cringe...but wasn't enough to break her gaze from Morrow's face.

"N...no! You cannot! He...no one in terrible Sky has ever shown me real kindness. Selfless kindness. Except him! The Masked Man. Riskeen, giving himself for me! Times, two times! Will not...will not helpeen in killeen him for that!" Hard resolve echoed behind the desperate words. It occurred to her, halfway through, how this was likely to end for her. It wasn't enough to stop what needed to be said.
PMEmail Poster
^
The Nothing Man
 Posted: Apr 11 2012, 02:54 AM
Quote Post

Glorified Hobo Joker

Male Surge
Carnival of Amgine
442 posts

The massive burst of movement did wonders to cause those metallic “claws” and wires back into her open punctured wounds. For such a burst of pure unadulterated physical pain, it was ironic that the source was a very non physical one. A burst of passion and ideals that not even the temptation of the sweet water could so much as pause such powerful outburst from the aquatic surge.

Morrows reaction was, as expected. Unchanging. The pain? The passion? The outburst? It meant nothing to him, it was as if such emotional thought was an option, a choice regulated to a switch. A switch that one could easily turn on or off in the brain.

He at first calmly retracted the water refused by the rebellious surge, raised it to his own lips and down the contents. It was quick and reaction less …but the spite? Right in front of her, that symbolic salvation gone right before her eyes.

No hope.

“ Your weakness is showing.” His gloved hand released the glass causing it to shatter in a million glimmering shards against the cold hard metal floor right at his booted feet.

“ We….can fix that. Yes. Fix it we shall.” At that he lowered and picked up that crude control with that blood red dial. Its colors which already stood out, only further illuminated off those glowing flashlight eyes. “ How many clicks Adelphie? How many clicks to fix you?”

The gloved hand raised and grasped at the red dial.

“One click?” *Click* That horrendous awful burning sensation returned consuming her entire body.

“No? How about two?” *Click* that heat would elevate to feel as if her very skin was burning off her body into ashes at her feet.

“ Close…Not yet. One more will do.” *click* It was like daggers of fire digging deep into the skull, searing at the very brain… The pain was continuous, unrelenting and only added if she dared to wither in agony. There was no relenting, nor any safe haven…Just pain.

The Professor watched her reaction a little before placing the control back on the ground, the dial still on three. Even as he removed his hands, he did not bother to switch it off like last time.

“ This masked man is important to you? Regardless of what you say now, you have already sealed his fate and come four days of your trial. He will hang.” He continued to talk as he turned his back and walked towards that desk once more, but this time we open draw to retrieve an item rather then grab one on top.

The item he pulled out flashed reflective and white. It was a heavily cracked porcelain mask, covered in red blood that still glistened as if fresh and had yet to stain. He would take this up to show her just as calmly and slowly as ever, the light gleaming off the reflective surface.

“ Fascinating creature this…..Surge. Nonsensical and defensive as he may talk, it is his actual figure. Its as artificial as it is natural, everything gone and torn out replaced by a twisted working imitations… As if he is…. Parodying the human body. Parodying what he is. So delicate the slightest twitch and you may break something, like a porcelain doll. Although such a high pain tolerance, he feels pain but only at is most intense. Do not take it for endurance my dear, those ….replacements shot his nerves. Make no mistake dear…” he took the bloodied mask and put it on his own face, those light shining clearly through the hollowed eyes.

“ He will die come the trial, but I can make his days here in the labyrinth… what do they call it? Is it hell? You are a chaplain, you would know better then I. Behave , obey and his last days will be…tolerable. Understand?” His voice muffled slightly through that mask.

--------------------
Guaranteed
PMEmail Poster
^
Adelphie Chi
 Posted: Apr 11 2012, 02:08 PM
Quote Post

Female Surged Toumind
Carnival of Amgine
164 posts

There was no real dignity to be had in this kind of agony. There were certain members of the Priestess’s order who had practiced mental discipline for yearsand could supposedly sit quietly while they burned. Adelphie, at nineteen, was not one.

Her screams weren’t strong or ear-shattering. Halved lung capacity prevented that. But they sure as death tore from her very core, the soundtrack of absolute pain. Some indivisible mixture of tears and saliva twisted through the steady stream of blood trickling over her head from involuntarily thrashing tentacles.

The blood…

The blood was everywhere, now, spattering nearby and tracing an intricate net over most of her skin as every instinct screeched at the surge to get away. With nowhere to go and the stabbing pain thoroughly overshadowed by the hideous fire, it was an impressive device that could continue to withstand the sheer, staggering strength of the agonized tentacles.

And through it, there were occasional, strained attempts at words. Prayers, scattered and interrupted and strained, spattered throughout. It was sometimes hard to distinguish the foreign reassurances from the witless screeching, but they were undeniably there. Maybe a plea for mercy in there somewhere. Mostly prayer, however.

The only external thing she managed to focus on, the only thing that stole her attention from her own nerve endings, was the mask. The mask, and blood on it, actually stilled her for the faintest moment before the pain tore past it again, terror for the Nothing Man twisting into her own pain somewhere. And the wrenching when Morrow put it on…

Normally so familiar, so oddly reassuring. Her companion’s face, in a real way, which needn’t change for her to follow its owner’s emotions. With its unfathomable eyes. The eyes…eyes that now, with the glow, changed everything.

The Professor’s words barely sank in. It barely registered that he was speaking. But, bit by bit, they rolled into her psyche, then her comprehension. “He will die come the trial, but I can make his days here (…) hell (…) Behave , obey and his last days will be…tolerable. Understand?”

She couldn’t respond at first, cringing through a wave of pain. The message was clear: this pain. This is what he would do to the...unmasked man. Tried to nod, but lost it to writhing. Finally, something in the screaming sobbing gathered to sound like “Y…yes! Un-“ Intererrupted. Gasp. Sob. “Un...under-NNG...yes!
PMEmail Poster
^
The Nothing Man
 Posted: Apr 11 2012, 07:54 PM
Quote Post

Glorified Hobo Joker

Male Surge
Carnival of Amgine
442 posts

“…yes!”

*Click*
*Click*
*Click*

It was as if that simple word had more power then even that searing red dial. Three simple letters forming a an equally simple word which function was just as simple but with a very wide spread meaning that would end all pain. End all suffering. The key to the lock of pain that she held trapped her mouth the whole time….all she had to do was form the simple little word‘s and…talk.

The burning was gone with no trace of ever being there at all. Save for the horrible memories and the dripping blood drilled flesh, freshly bled out from her every pricing cause once again by her own agonizing withering and suffering, like the very torture was not enough and had to leave something extra…. Oh there would still be pain, but compared to moments ago, this was heaven.

“ That wasn’t so… bad? Hard? ….Difficult? No, I think I like the first one. Yes, bad. It is a simple word, much like the one you used to stop this…suffering. This need not be torture Adelphie Chi Gamma.” He spoke again that burning red dial resting under his fingers, but his eyes had no focus on it. They were all on her, lighting up her agony stricken face through the eye sockets of that eerily familiar blood stained mask.

“ Do you even know what you are struggling for? Whom you are fighting for? A…. Murderer? A terrorist. Someone you already hung? Fascinating…. Yes I think we are done for the day. Perhaps you will be more agreeable for our next session….tomorrow? Yes? … I hope so.”

He did not wait for a response. He never seemed to, after all what did her say matter anymore? She truly was a living puppet now. A puppet with spirit that was bleeding out crimson.. To Professor Morrow, it was patients. You can only bleed out spirit so much before it runs black. The spirit runs dry…

Rubber gloves pressed down on that dial now, but this time there was no fire. No burning or withering, just numbness. Instant relaxing blurry vision took hold, as something cooling flowed through her veins…… How comforting it would be…..to fall…..asleep… and wash all the pain….away

Sleep.

***************************************************************************************

“ Wake up. Its time for…progress.” Professor Morrows inhuman emotionless voice broke through the silence and black. This was when everything came to light and light was a term used loosely. There stood a figure clear and as visible as if it were day, however he was standing on nothing but a void of pitch black. No Walls no ceiling only space, only space and clearly visible figure standing in the middle of it.

Was it professor Morrow? The voice that seemed to make everything come back into view? No. Short brown hair, piercing blue eyes and a white blood stained hood. It was not Professor Morrow at all. But the figure was just as familiar and perhaps much more…feared. The stare, that piercing blue stare could only belong to one person…. Dr. Vari

She could not move. She could not Speak… She could only watch as he stared.

“ It’s all unclean! All of it! Do you think GOD wanted you to live this way?! They are all UNCLEAN. ALL UNJUST NOT IN THE MAKERS VISION!” Voice manic, shouting. Face wild with anger, with rage, with pain. Not only beckoning extreme emotion in his tone but every time he talked a figure materialized out of the air and dropped before her…

It was a corpse, then another, then another, then another…It continued relentless and unending.. Each one familiar . Each one died for her. Died Protecting her. It was her very own people from under the sea she came from. Each one forming its own sea of dead beneath her…at her feet. Always at her feet, always less important then her, always to be sacrificed… Now lifeless at her feet in a twisted broken lumps and forms. Each mangled face recognizable, each once with name, a personality, and a past. They continued to fall until each one of her old guard made their own haunting appearance known in its own bloody mass beneath her.

“ You! You have killed more then I have. I Kill for a cause! What do you kill for oh great VALUBLE priestess!? The maker frowns on monsters….monsters like you.” Piped up The good Doctor again, this time however his voice did not summon corpses but caused each one of her personal guard that fell to existence just moments ago began to raise from the ground into standing positions.

Each one blooded and battered. Each pair of eyes glassy and lifeless, corpses with their limbs reaching for her… Claiming her….Calling her…. Hungry.

“ ADELPHIE CHI GAMMA……ADELPHIE CHI GAMMA!…..ADELPHIE CHI-

*CLANK!*

***********************************************************************************

It was the sound of a slamming door that caused it all to go away.

A dream. A dream of which when she finally awoke, she would find herself on the hard floor in a grey box of a tiny room, no pain, even the piercing that she felt so clearly torn into her flesh were gone and left behind only shapeless, formless memories…. But her neck, that gripping suffocate inducing collar, unlike the metal strings that wrung her up like a morbid lifeless puppet, the metal choker still remained. Like morbid, twisted, jewelry that refused to part itself.

Inside the room itself may have sparked reminders, much like the collar of the room she was in before. So simplistic and minimal, there were only two things of interest. A Small wooden bucket of water and a bowl of green formless mush that while may not look edible and possibly taste just as bad, would be perfectly edible and sustaining.

(( I know this is rather... narrative heavy and for all i know her species does not dream. It is regardless artificial and forced, like its another form of torture. Regardless, if you don't like it i will gladly change it.))

--------------------
Guaranteed
PMEmail Poster
^
Adelphie Chi
 Posted: Apr 11 2012, 10:29 PM
Quote Post

Female Surged Toumind
Carnival of Amgine
164 posts

((They do…except for some extra wiring allowing them to control the tentacles, skin camo, etc., their brain chemistry is entirely human. Besides, I don’t mind narrative-heavy. Nice post!))

The gasp almost terminated in a scream. It didn’t quite…but only because she woke up assuming she’d be underwater, breathing and speaking wrong. Adelphie coughed, choked once, and then panted, delicate fingers pressed to the unforgiving metal grasping her neck. She closed her eyes, trying to control the violent shuddering. It was a long time before she moved further, though only a single sob escaped.

Eventually, she became aware of the bucket of water, and her eyes widened. A tentacle wrapped around the handle, looping it right over to wrap her fingers around. One deep drink…and then the surge plunged her face into the bucket, inhaling deeply. The water trying to rush from her pinned and overly dry gills hurt…but still coursed from beneath the collar , running down over her body. That felt cool and wonderful. It also started to wash away the coating…dense, dense coating of blood. But barely. Surprisingly plain brown eyes gazed at the decoration silently. Then finally just…moved on, stretching what little water was left to brush over her skin.

Silent, except the faint dripping. Even her thoughts had been shocked into stillness, for now.

She hurt, still. All over. The deep indentions from the wires hadn’t gone away, even after these hours. But the puncture wounds…so many of those, in so many places. There was something vaguely unfair about how small the puncture marks looked versus how very much they still hurt. The Kraken poked softly at the edge of one such wound, frowning. The camouflage synapses near it were torn and disrupted, so the skin tones near all of them were…off. Further, the odd sort of elasticity to her skin didn’t care much for such slights, hanging too loose to heal perfectly. She needed bandages.

…It was an idle, terribly idle sort of musing. Delphie, honestly, did not give a fuck right now. She barely even saw it, or felt the sting of irritating a would-be scab. Finally, she simply…curled up on the floor, tentacles wrapping around her. Ignored the food. Awful food she could deal with, she just…wasn’t interested.

And then, she finally allowed the thoughts in.

She wondered where the masked man was. …No. The mask was gone now, wasn’t it? She closed her eyes, brow furrowing. Had it been…attached? How attached? Had removing it hurt him? What was under those masks, anyway? He changed them, or she thought he did, but rarely. Though she couldn’t be sure—and wasn’t so curious as to disrespect the decision to replace his face entirely—his protégé suspected that whatever underneath was…altered. Damaged, incomplete, or otherwise less than typically human. It was possible that they were physical protection on top of the psychology of it.

Or maybe they were just masks for the sake of art he vaunted like a religion.

Either way, the only reason she dwelled on it now was in trying to picture him now. Figure out what state he was in. That…sky-dweller, that Morrow, had…had done what he’d done…. The Priestess closed her eyes, tears glistening at the edges… when she had defended the Nothing Man. What had he done to the performer himself? Talking about how fragile he was, physically, and how uncooperative mentally…she shuddered to think about it. There was little she wouldn’t give to see him right now. To help however she could, offer comfort he didn’t seem to understand he needed, no matter how little he looked like he had before. Now her rescuer looked…however he did, and the mask, formerly so comforting was a thing of candle-eyed horror. How little appearances really mattered.

What do you kill for oh great VALUBLE priestess!?
She squeezed her eyes shut as though that would force the pile of bodies from her mind’s eye. It didn’t, of course. Nor could it stop her from imagining an inhumanly thin one dropping onto the pile, face wrapped in gauze.

Accepted with a crooked smile, he’d said. She wondered if he was smiling now. Almost did, herself, at the thought, before the weight of the situation crushed it away.

The toumind sighed, nest of tentacles tightening around her cringing, shrinking form until her core nearly disappeared, and her eyes closed again. Just…listening. Not with her ears. For the emotions around her, the people. To see if she could pick him out, or…at least, not be so alone right now.

...Not that her presence ever did anyone any favors.
PMEmail Poster
^
The Nothing Man
 Posted: Apr 12 2012, 03:25 AM
Quote Post

Glorified Hobo Joker

Male Surge
Carnival of Amgine
442 posts

It started with noise. Just as it always started with noise here. Maybe it’s very minimal and claustrophobic design that helped it so noise could bounce and send its self clear and unhinged that had much to do with it. The lighting or lack there of however was undeniably the main cause as it was much too dim or non existent in the bowels of Cambridge to be blamed primarily compared to anything else. It was where the remains of the justice system go, the lowest of low and away from the public enough to get away with almost…anything.

No one simply took time to care about decorating and sanitary living when it was out of sight, for everything out of sight was immediately out of mind.

No matter how much that the deciding powers that be decide that visual stimulus was not needed, the could never take away the noise, that sound. It was footsteps, it had to be footsteps from beyond that locked grey metal door, the only thing on the wall stood out what so ever. This nose, these footsteps came from an unknown direction from an equally unknown source. It’s distance measured completely in amplification as it started with the slightest echo of a pitter patter, a mere tap, tap, tap on a hard metal barren surface. Then that slight tap became louder more of a thump, more pressure. It was like a light footstep close or…an extremely heavy one from far, far away.

The answer was not to remain bound in a shadowed unknown reality as the answers became as clear as the amplification that came with time. Where a close lighter footstep would stop or fade away, these foot steps grew louder and louder still … Familiarly so, these could not be light footsteps at all

Boots.

It sounded like boots. Heavily armored metallic boots. Boots that could only belong to a member of the Acidian guard, much like the faceless Legion or the blood stained man murdered under a tent that she once for a brief blink of an eye called home in the bazaar.

It was not long before those boot steps paused, paused so close that it could only be right at the other side of the door.

* Click* *Creeeeeak*

A loud audible unlocking sound echoed in the tiny cube of her room which was followed by a rather noisy mechanical creaking of that metal door sliding open. In came not just sound but something visual to attach. It was dim lights igniting a large armored shadow to eclipse over the Aquatic Surge in her tiny metal cell. Dim lights coming from the ceiling of a clearly visible, equally grey metallic narrow hallway that lined with cells and door’s that mirrored her own. The lights were dim, aged and many, hanging loosely from crude and well worn wires that hung low enough for if someone was rather tall they may need to duck to avoid them.

“ Adelphie Chi Gamma is it?” Spoke a familiar voice, a familiar disembodied feminine in that stern, entitled tone. That voice that battled Professor Morrows in the darkness.. It came from the lone armored figure at the door and once Adelphies eyes took a minute to adjust, she would see just another faceless helmeted Acidian guard. This guard just happened to have more scuff to her armor, as if it has been through its own fair share of hell.

“ Your…defender supplied by the magistrate is waiting. You can walk can you? I‘d not keep the man waiting.”

--------------------
Guaranteed
PMEmail Poster
^
Adelphie Chi
 Posted: Apr 12 2012, 02:26 PM
Quote Post

Female Surged Toumind
Carnival of Amgine
164 posts

When the footsteps paused nearby, the Kraken cringed. As the door unlatched, she curled up more tightly despite herself, eyes squeezed shut. Was it ‘tomorrow’ already? Time to…see Professor Morrow again. The visible trembling flowed back over. But, then:

“Your…defender supplied by the Magistrate is waiting. You can walk can you? I’d not keep the man waiting.”

There was a pause. Not Morrow, then? And the voice…it was that woman from yesterday, the one she hadn’t seen, who didn't seem to like the torturer. Definitely not a friend, but…as far as the chaplain could tell, this one was just a good soldier. An enemy, but not psychotic like some of the other voices in Adelphie’s recent life. She was oddly comforted. Defender…she didn’t know that word. And being taken to meet new people had ended well for exactly zero times since taking to the sky. Adelphie swallowed hard.

…Welcomed with a crooked smile.
Could she still manage that? She didn’t know.

Tentacles slowly uncurled from around her to allow bondservant to look up with timid trepidation. Finally…she looked down to try. To test her balance. The octopus arms protested sharply on the grounds of their welts and puncture wounds, to a cringe. But, steady enough for them to twist beneath her. Exhausted brown eyes returned to the mask. “…Yes. I can.” And then, she managed it. A small smile through the pain, as though she were the one who needed to reassure.

Adelphie wasn’t sure how she felt about what happened next, though it leaned towards a good thing. The pressure on the hoses hurt as they blasted away the glue-like coat of blood, but on the other hand, it was still glorious water. Once the stinging went away, her skin felt a bit better. Many of the small puncture wounds had been fully reopened in the process and trickled small amounts of blood that largely flowed away in the dripping, but the sputtering surge looked slightly healthier and far less like something from a horror movie.

((Can scratch that last paragraph, if you like, and I avoided defining whether it happened right there or on the way. It seemed to make sense before handing her over to a publid defender.))
PMEmail Poster
^
Westley Caravelle
 Posted: Apr 12 2012, 09:10 PM
Quote Post

Hard-to-pin-down Bastard

Male Human
Pettifogger
The Black Lotus
player: veni
479 posts

A blunt bare room. A desk. About... half of a shelf. All in a nice palette of cold, damp grey-tones...

As far as offices were going, the Magistrate was verging on... Scrimpy? Miserable? Suicide-triggering? Westley looked around. Well. It was only temporary.

He had been warned of the jobs down here. They said only the worst, most messed-up cases came up there. And that the Magistrate liked to give them to all the freshly licenced lawmen, to give them a scare, yank their chain. Show them who they were actually going to be working for.

Oh, Westley wouldn't have missed this for anything.

After all he hadn't run through all that tiresome schooling and smuggled himself through all those exams to play by anyone's rules but his. And even if he wasn't going to stand a chance, he wasn't willing to make it easy.

The Magistrate's defenders weren't working to win. They never did. Everyone knew that, little talked about it. Sentences were punched out like manufractured nails. Like always, the Authority only followed those rules that suited them well enough. And that was, incidentally, what he was here for. Couldn't sentence someone to death without a trial. Couldn't put up a proper fake trial without a defender-- preferrably one that wasn't officially on your own paycheck, but still unlikely to make any kind of fuss...

Yes, it was fairly stupid to think Westley could change any of that, but stupidity wasn't all bad; not all against his favour, as long as he still had his spirits.

Speaking of spirits, maybe he should have gone to sleep that night. He ran a hand over his face and through his hair. But then again, when was the last time he'd done what he should've done...
Westley walked around the rickety office desk and slumped into the chair behind it, slapping down a handful of files and papers he'd been carrying. He looked tired, he was aware, and that growing headache wasn't helping, but he was sizeably motivated, passably miffed at the Authority and the word "risk" was only very scantly represented in his vocabulary. Also he was slightly hung over.

All in all, the best catch to be had on the defending side down here for the last fifteen years or so.

--------------------
Judge if you want. We are all going to die alone.
I intend to deserve it.|
PMEmail PosterIntegrity Messenger IMMSN
^
The Nothing Man
 Posted: Apr 12 2012, 10:19 PM
Quote Post

Glorified Hobo Joker

Male Surge
Carnival of Amgine
442 posts

The Guardswoman that was previously titled by Morrow as Commander Ayrn, promptly backed away from the door so the Injured aquatic surge would not be blocked by a large mass of metal armor. Once Adelphie made her way out into the hallway, the guard unlike the other guards that the young woman had more intimately and recently met did not get physical, push her forward or even raise her voice. She simply raised a gloved hand gesturing down a long winding narrow grey road ahead, professional weeding all her pesky inner emotions out of her actions.

Ayrn was something of an oddity amongst her rank. The commander could best be described as the one a person who has little experience in life through anything pages of text and law would assume a Guard would be. She was untainted, resolute and stubborn with by the book law. Life was black and white for the guardswoman and it showed, she did not bother with gray areas, whether by choice, because she did not truly believe in them or because she was ignorantly blissful was unknown. This fact lead to a rather extreme trait of seeing no exception to anything big or small, you either followed the law or you were a law breaker and it was her job to deal with them, nothing more and nothing less.

Now what bunker she lived under to wander through Tot entirely uncorrupt was another question entirely. And while she had no love or compassion for those who cross the white and into the black area, even before being tried and convicted she was not as a whole heartless. The surge would go so far as to feel a twitch of sorrow and pity flow through the heavily armored guardswoman, as what Adel could only assume would be directed at her as she was guided onward through the labyrinth of grey.

The guardswoman remained silent as they walked down the narrow long halls to a chorus of footsteps with the occasional moaning, whimpering, whining and screaming from behind the many, many grey steel doors. Sounds that were accompanied with many emotions that were not unpredictable and too uncomfortably at home with the setting. Rage, sorrow and fear… It was these three emotions that seemed to dominate much of the dark and tainted underbelly of tot that Adelphie has been journeying through as of late and this place perhaps suffered from these emotions worse then all.

“ Now. I don’t know how or why you gained this lawyer but his family is very well known.. I do not know if this is good or bad for your case but I would recommend to not do anything rash. If I see the slightest glint of violence in your eye, I will not hesitate to execute you right there before you even had a chance to have a trial. Got it?” Her silence broke as a gentle hand touched her shoulder gesturing her to stop.

They stopped at one of the doors that looked no different from any other, you could not even tell the difference between her cell door and this one. “ This is your stop. Go in” She gestured to the door before them.

“ Its not locked. I shall be back when I retrieve your rather uncooperative partner. Nothing rash you understand? You have a chance…as slight as that may be to be proven innocent.” She spoke earnestly, almost wearily. She obviously was not playing up to everything she knew or had no communication with Professor Morrow What so ever.

--------------------
Guaranteed
PMEmail Poster
^
Adelphie Chi
 Posted: Apr 13 2012, 02:10 AM
Quote Post

Female Surged Toumind
Carnival of Amgine
164 posts

Adelphie just...followed quietly. She understood this Guard more, respected her a bit more than most of the others she'd met. And it wasn't as though the physically powerful Kraken had a natural inclination to make trouble, anyway.

Her mouth finally tightened at the talk of "executing" her, though. And all the warnings around it. "I...no violence. Not hurteen people." This was spoken somewhat softly. Nodded, then looked to the door. How often did one find good things behind steel doors in terrifying underground prisons? Probably not very many. A soft tan hand laid gently over the door handle, hesitated...and then turned softly.

The first thing Westley would see was a small strangely-surged young woman with more or less a child's figure despite obvious adulthood and lacking any shred of clothing, cautious eyes gazing up at him, then searching the room quickly before returning to the lawyer. And then...a very, very large octopus's lower body curling in after her a couple tentacles at a time.

The priestess opened her mouth to speak and...uncharacteristically, hesitated. Cringed a little instead, swallowing hard, and elected to go with the "speak once spoken to" route...at least, until the remnants of her most recent meeting with a sociopath stopped hurting.

Dr. Vari had been a normal man in a suit, too. Frightening-looking in the eyes, but he had regarded her with care and she tried to overlook appearances in return. Then...he started with the brutally murdering people for the will of his god. Right in front of her. And this place certainly hadn't been any better so far.

She bit her lip, and slipped quietly into the room, eyes on Westley. One tentacle tended to curl upward towards her abdomen, a unconsciously defensive gesture, brown eyes fixed on the lawyer. Finally, she shook it off...partly. "H...hello..."
PMEmail Poster
^

Topic OptionsPages: (15) 1 2 3 ... Last » REPLY  TOPIC

Skin based on Floral Lullabies by June of Innovation Designs. | Email Admin | Legal

RPG-D Shadowplay Topsites Caution 2.0 redcarpet&&rebellion. NEVERLAND Total Drama Website - Directory of the Best Role-Play Sites
Roleplay Gateway

Full page: cbox.clockworkrpg.com