Jonathan Highwind
 Posted: Apr 15 2012, 07:34 AM
Quote Post

Male Human
Treasure Hunter
Guildless
player: Highwind
127 posts

So was talking about Dragon Age with Aidel...and suddenly I can't post. It says I'm banned. Wtf?? I didn't think DA was THAT bad. Someone explain this bs?

--------------------
user posted image

Thief, Rogue, Treasure Hunter
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
^
Effie Featherwight
 Posted: Apr 15 2012, 06:29 PM
Quote Post

Female Human
Mystery Novelist
Guildless
player: Atrice
29 posts

This has happened before. Randomly. For no reason. (To Watch, I think it was?) Because CBox is a buttface. It probably has something to do with too much awesomeness in CBox at once.

Anyway, I shall wait here in solidarity until an admin rights this grievous wrong.
PMEmail Poster
^
Nightingale St. Laurence
 Posted: Apr 15 2012, 06:31 PM
Quote Post

Winter Prince

Male Surge
Student
Guildless
player: Lily
641 posts

I got banned too, for no reason. Well three times now, once Taylor hit the wrong button, twice Taylor hit the wrong button, and the other was just a malfunction.

It *should* clear up itself, and if it doesn't shoot Sydlet a PM?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jonathan Highwind
 Posted: Apr 15 2012, 06:48 PM
Quote Post

Male Human
Treasure Hunter
Guildless
127 posts

Still gonna say that yea, DA was kinda bad, but DA2 was decent. Take THAT Cbox! BAHA!

--------------------
user posted image

^
Jonathan Highwind
 Posted: Apr 17 2012, 08:46 AM
Quote Post

Male Human
Treasure Hunter
Guildless
127 posts

sleep.gif banned again for talking about L4D...does Cbox get jealous of other games??

--------------------
user posted image

^
Sydlet
 Posted: Apr 17 2012, 02:08 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Female Chibi Robot
Administrator
Guildless
player: Sydlet
254 posts

Jeeze. o_o Cbox is turning into freaking HAL.

I've sent Michi an email asking for the login info, and for now that's about all I can do. What I'm thinking is that maybe the permissions/rules for the cbox got futzed with somehow. If not, maybe their servers are acting up. Either way, I'm going to try looking into it as soon as I get the information. Perhaps the code is screwing up somehow.

In the meantime, if it looks like your text is lagging or taking awhile to post, don't post anything till you see it in the cbox. It sounds like it's not liking the awesomeness of our speedy cbox chatting.

But yeah. smile.gif Sorry you guys are having to put up with this for so long. I am really hoping it's on their end because no one's messed with the coding for the cbox.
PMEmail Poster
^
Tanon Kothe
 Posted: Apr 17 2012, 04:47 PM
Quote Post

Male Human
New Tottingham Times Reporter
Guildless
player: Slip
54 posts

Question: Do you guys have anyone who's actually truly banned from the cBox, for whatever reason? The cBox we're using tends to wind up accidently banning people from the same ISP as "real" banned accounts:

This can happen when you are using the same ISP as a user who was banned on your Cbox - either you are sharing an IP address, or you are being assigned dynamic IP addreses.

(From their help documentation)

That's the only thing I can find about this sort of issue. Unfortunately, if that's what's going on, there might be no fixing it without unbanning the actual banned account.

--------------------
PMAOL
^
Sydlet
 Posted: Apr 17 2012, 07:35 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Female Chibi Robot
Administrator
Guildless
254 posts

That's actually a good point. We do have a few people banned as well as some spammers, but if it was confusing the IPs, wouldn't the cbox be permabanning those people who share it? As of now, it only seems to be 15 minute bans.
PMEmail Poster
^
Tanon Kothe
 Posted: Apr 17 2012, 09:56 PM
Quote Post

Male Human
New Tottingham Times Reporter
Guildless
player: Slip
54 posts

I'm no tech person, so if you are prepare to laugh hard ...but depending on how long the ban lasts (15 min - 8 hours?) that might coenside with an IP change for those using dynamic IPs? From what I've heard, it sounds like it'd be consistent with the issue. If it basically assigns the user a banned IP, user gets "banned", then their ISP automatically changes their IP again in a few minutes/hours so they're magically unbanned again. Most ISPs automatically "refresh" your dynamic IP every few hours and on reboot/reconnecting, from what I've experienced and read.

No idea of that's what's actually going on, though. Just guessing wildly based on my super-limited knowledge -.-;;

--------------------
PMAOL
^
Sydlet
 Posted: Apr 22 2012, 01:41 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Female Chibi Robot
Administrator
Guildless
254 posts

Alrighty, I took off the thingy that autobans whenever someone flood posts. At least we won't have that problem anymore - and if any of you got banned/are still banned, please shoot me, Emmit, or Taylor a PM. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
^
Nightingale St. Laurence
 Posted: Apr 30 2012, 01:22 PM
Quote Post

Winter Prince

Male Surge
Student
Guildless
641 posts

My issue is that now I can't open the box. The slide out box doesn't work on the normal skin. On the acid skin it does, but won't open on the one Michi made last year.

I'm not 100% sure that it's not something with my computer.

Help?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Westley Caravelle
 Posted: Apr 30 2012, 01:34 PM
Quote Post

Hard-to-pin-down Bastard

Male Human
Pettifogger
The Black Lotus
player: veni
479 posts

i use the normal skin and it's working with me =/

--------------------
Judge if you want. We are all going to die alone.
I intend to deserve it.|
PMEmail PosterIntegrity Messenger IMMSN
^
Azylia Manson
 Posted: Apr 30 2012, 05:35 PM
Quote Post

Female Angel Screw
Sky Pirate
Guildless
166 posts

I just tested all the skins and they're working fine for me. O.o No idea what's up with the cbox on you guys; computers.

Here's something I found that MIGHT help - dunno if it will help with the cbox, but it does help with images that won't show up. Hold down Shift and reload the page. Forces it to do a fresh load of the page, completely.

I hope that does some good. Because I can't figure out how it's working for some and not others. :/
PMEmail Poster
^
Nightingale St. Laurence
 Posted: May 1 2012, 02:10 PM
Quote Post

Winter Prince

Male Surge
Student
Guildless
641 posts

The shift thing worked for the images...well all, but Westley's. I'm going to go home and check my computer where I haven't updated and see if it's just Safari being an ass or not.

Don't stress too much about it, because on the acid skin it works? And that's the one I like the best. Plus I can open the cbox as it's own tab to work.

-snugs-

Thank you!

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^

Topic Options REPLY  TOPIC  Start Poll

Skin based on Floral Lullabies by June of Innovation Designs. | Email Admin | Legal

RPG-D Shadowplay Topsites Caution 2.0 redcarpet&&rebellion. NEVERLAND Total Drama Website - Directory of the Best Role-Play Sites
Roleplay Gateway

Full page: cbox.clockworkrpg.com